During the hectic pace of the Holiday Season, one can easily get stressed out for umpteen reasons–too much sugar, too much alcohol, too many parties, too many expectations, too little sleep just to name a few. However, if we take time to feed and nourish our soul, we can breeze through the seas with better health and more peace of mind. AND if we nourish our soul chances are that our need for ‘over doing it’ will decrease as well!
How about a daily dose of light to start with? The light meditation is simple as pie and fills us up with our sense of Self. It’s the best antidote that I know for stress, separation, depression, pre-Holiday celebrations and too much rain!
Here is the recipe:
1. Sit or lie down comfortably. Begin to take nice long deep breaths while your body begins to relax. Stay here for a few moments.
2. Imagine a huge golden sun above your head. Make it really big. Bring it first down into your heart, letting it expand and spread its warmth there. Feel your heart expanding with the light as you breathe.
3. Now bring the light down to your toes and begin to fill up your whole body with light. Bring it into your legs, thighs, abdomen, fingers, arms, neck, shoulders, back & head. Take time to do this, feeling each part of the body relax as it fills with light.
4. Now expand the light beyond your body, sending it to your family members, friends, pets and anyone else that you would like to send love.
5. Next expand your love by sending light to the plant, mineral & animal kingdoms, your neighborhood, country, the world and the cosmos. Do this slowly, seeing your light growing bigger and bigger, brighter and brighter.
6. Notice that all are encompassed in this light, and feel the sense your of oneness with all. Just sit in this expanded space for a few moments thinking–I am the light.
7. When you are finished, slowly come back to your body, open your eyes, and experience your new sense of Self!